Archive for the 'Community' Category

This Ranger sign we did for NWOSU (North Western Oklahoma State University) was a special piece of work, all of our communal skills used in one fairly small unit. The college mascot already had a design, and at least one statue prominently displayed on campus. This would sit at the street in front of the […]

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Flashing – Roof/Wall Intersection BY BRYAN LIGHT Masonry Magazine February 2015, Pg 22 – Reprinted from http://www.masonrymagazine.com/flashing-roofwall-intersections/ Figure 1 As the technical services manager of the Brick Industry Association (BIA) in the Southeast region, one facet of my responsibility is to conduct jobsite investigations on both commercial and residential masonry installations when something goes awry. […]

We heard this from a new customer of ours. We have working with them during the early phases of designing this project. From: RJ MACHACEK Subject: Thanks for your help I want to thank you again for helping us cast a vision for the Via Dolorosa. I believe your were key in helping us see […]

From Richard Carey Subject: Red cross contact To: Gail J. McGovern President American Red Cross Yes Mam, If I may for a moment distract you? Over coffee this morning I made a few comments about a recent experience I had with the Red Cross. My friend Shep Hoffman asks that I contact you and I […]

Stone Legends will be seen in several new places. We are continuing to place ads in our old favorite places, Architectural Digest in particular (see us in the March issue), but we are expanding our marketing efforts this year. We have placed ads in The Robb Report Exceptional Properties (see the online issue of the magazine […]

Jaime Tardy’s website, The Eventual Millionaire has posted an audio interview with Richard Carey, our General Manager. He discusses his path to success in business and his management philosophy. Richard answers questions about his successes and his failures, and how they all led up to the present day Stone Legends family of companies. Hear the […]

Inside the April, 2011 issue of Smithsonian Magazine, we found an ad for tourism in San Diego. The most beautiful background they could find there for their ad is … … Our Stone at the Grande Del Mar Hotel         Click to see the ad larger

Our profile is being broadcast on the Ion Media Network. The video profile done by CloseUp TV News was broadcast on May 2nd, and will be rebroadcast on June 13th and July 18th at 6:30 AM on Dallas area TV Channel 68 KPXD or your local ION channel. You can see the video profile online […]

Closeup TV News produced a company profile and documentary on Stone Legends some time ago, and they are about to broadcast the program. They have produced a 30 second commercial for us, click here to view the commercial   (http://www.closeuptvnews.com/videos/stonelegendstv/) and will be giving us broadcast dates for the complete program very soon. The dates for […]

I have often said that Starbucks offers us a meeting place to fill one of the most basic of human needs: community with a unique ability to be people without respect of persons. I must admit I have met some very interesting people there but none was more of a surprise than when I met […]